Thursday, February 12, 2009

Our Proud Parent Moment

Brad and I have made and agreement with Trevor that if at the end of each term if he is doing well in school, we will take him to pick out a prize at the store...were talking like a $10 prize. We were excited to hear at his SEP that he is doing really well, so on our next family trip to Smiths, we told him he could pick out his reward. Of course as you can imagine, Parker was immediately asking if he could get a prize too, and we explained before we even got in the car that this time it was Trevor's turn because he had earned it by doing well in school. Once we got in the store, Brad took the boys to the toy isle to let Trev shop, while I took Makenzie to pick up some things we needed. By the time I caught up with the boys, I could tell that Brad had the tiniest hint of tears in his eyes and when I asked what was wrong, e said, "Trevor just melted my heart." He went on to tell me that as they were looking at toys, Parker just kept begging to get one and Brad kept telling him that it was not his turn. Meanwhile Trevor picked out a little squishy monster dragon thing that only cost $3.99, so Brad told him that he had enough leftover to get something else that would bring the total to ten dollars. Trevor then asked if there was enough of his prize money left to buy a prize monster for Parker. Brad asked Trevor to make sure that he was wanting to spend the rest of his money on a toy for Parker when he could have picked out another toy for himself, but Trevor was sure that that is what he wanted to do. Needless to say, Brad was speechless as well as beaming with pride! It was definitely a pay out moment that makes the job of being a parent worth it!

4 comments:

Like sisters musings about life... said...

oh that is so sweet! I love when kids surprise us that way....we probably shouldn't be as surprised as we are, because they are so innocent. Thats a cool story thanks for sharing!

Kerri said...

Sweet story, Stace. I love it when our kids make us proud like that. Way to go, Trevor.

Austin and Leslie said...

Ohhh, too cute!!! You have the greatest children, Brad and Stac. We miss them all the time.

Jill said...

that sounds like the Trevor we know! That is too sweet!